Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

First Botany Cinnamon Oil Essential Oil #FBCinnamon


I had the opportunity recently to purchase this at a discounted rate so that I could try it out -- review it and give my unbiased and honest opinion.

First of all I have been using essential oils for over 30 years.  I love them and use them on a daily basis, but I in no way consider myself an expert. 

Everything I mention here is just my personal opinion.

I really like using cinnamon oil for a breath freshener.  It is a "non sugary" way to freshen up the breath.

Ok, with this one it is a bit different than any I have ever tried.  I think my daughter described it best when she said it has a perfumy cinnamon taste.

She is right.  Sometimes when you walk into a room that someone has just sprayed fresh cologne or perfume in and get some in your mouth -- that is what the aftertaste to this oil tastes like.  It has a cinnamon flavor when you initially taste it -- it has a sweet cinnamon taste, but then it tastes kind of like you got perfume.  Not overbearing, but it is there.  I am not sure what is causing it and I have never had another cinnamon oil do that, so I did want to mention that.  It also leaves my tongue a bit numb.

If it were not for the "aftertaste" I would really like the flavor of this -- the aftertaste just throws me.

It does not smell as strong as some of the cinnamon oils I am used to using either.  So unfortunately in this instance this would not be my go to oil when I want to replace my cinnamon oil.

It does come in a generous 4 oz amber colored glass bottle with an eye dropper which I do like.

Ingredients state that it is 100% Pure Therapeutic Cinnamon Leaf Oil with no additives or artificial ingredients added.

As with all of my reviews I am not paid -- these are just my honest opinions -- unfortunately in this instance -- this is not one of my favorite oils and I will not be repurchasing this one.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment