Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

YUMMY ~ HEALTHY -- Strawberry Dip

ok, guys -- I made this today and it was so yummy (and I think healthy) that I had to share




I used 1 can of Thai Coconut milk
NOTE -- when you purchase the coconut milk shake the can -- if you hear it sloshing -- not good. I found mine (that did not slosh) at Winn Dixie ($2.39 a can) and Sweetbay also has it for $1.99 can. Amazon has it for $1.83 a can shipped if you have prime. I have some ordered and will update you on this if it is non - sloshing :o)

Refrigerate the can of Thai milk until it is well chilled (I did mine overnight)

Turn the can over and open upside down from the way it was in the refrigerator. Drain the milk off of the cream (you can save this for your coffee, or mix it in a smoothie or anything else that normally calls for milk).

Scrape all of the remaining cream out of the can into your mixing bowl.

Whip until Cool Whip consistantly (about 2 minutes)

Add 2 packets of stevia (approx 1 tsp if you do not have the packets)

Add 3 Tbs. of fresh squeezed lemon juice

Mix well

Separate into 4.5 -- 2 oz servings (mine made about 9 oz)

Chill for about 15 minutes and serve with fresh strawberries!!!!

YUM!!!

This is high in fat -- but it is all good fat (coconut fat is very good for you!!)

Let me know if you try it and like it

I also have a yummy recipe for chocolate mousse out of it!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh!!! That sounds soooo yummy! ;-) We'll definately have to make it the next time we buy coconut milk. I'd love to make your chocolate mousse recipe too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete