Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Amazon == Macadamia Nuts $1.24 per pound!!!!!

I just thought I would pass on a deal that I got on Friday.  I didn't post it -- because #1 I thought it was too good to be true and # 2 they only had 1 left in stock.

It is a good reminder to always check Amazon because there are some really awesome deals available.

I have been researching good fats in foods verses bad fats and have run across a lot of good information about coconut oil and Macadamia Nuts.

So I decided I wanted to add some Macadamia nuts to our "healthy desserts". 

Talk about needing a coupon!!  They were running anywhere between $8.99 (in bulk) to $20.00 per pound!!  YIKES!

So I was scrolling through Amazon looking for the ones that were eligible for prime.  Tim had priced them at Walmart for me and they were $4.48 for 6 oz.  so I had some prices to compare with.

Then I run across an ad from Fishers Nuts that advertised a 25# box for $31.  shipped!!!  Any of you that ship packages daily like I do know that they put at least 1/2 that money into shipping!!

I even had some tell me it was probably an error and would be more like 2.5#

I have had incredible results with Amazon customer service though so I was willing to make the gamble.

I ordered them about 4:00 Friday afternoon.  They were here by 10:30 yesterday morning. 

My 25# box vacuum sealed and extremly fresh!!

So -- I wish I could have passed it on to everyone else -- and would have if they had more -- but thought I would still post the bargain because it is a good reminder to always check online when you are looking to make a purchase.

It won't necessarily be cheaper just because it is local!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment