Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

CVS

I have shopped at several different CVS stores and for the most part they are AWESOME. Coupon friendly. However, unfortunately the one closest to me in my town is not coupon friendly. Their excuse is that people have come in there with fake coupons and the store had to pay for it. I am totally against taking advantage of the store and if you think about it -- it is not in your best interest to steal from the store which is what you are doing if you are using fraudulent coupons.  In the long run it will only hurt you because the stores will not want to accept coupons anymore which is understandable.

Anyhow back to my trip to CVS this past week.  We got a save $10.00 on a $50.00 order out of the magic print machine, so we began our treasure hunt through the store.

When we got to the cash register the cashier started giving us grief over every coupon we were using.  First off I did not notice the limit 8 in the small print on the ad for the M&M's and she made us put some of those back.  No biggie -- didn't really NEED them in the first place -- just wanted them.

Then she was refusing to take a CVS printable out of the machine for $2.00 off Tums and I also had a manufacturers coupon for $1.00 off Tums.  She told me I could use 1 or the other but not both.  I very nicely (which I really do feel is essential for us to remain nice) explained to her that their coupon policy online specifically stated that you could use 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturers coupon. 

She then tried to tell me they were both manufacturers coupons.  I explained to her the one that printed out of their machine specifically stated on it that it was a CVS coupon.

She was exasperated by me at this point -- shaking her head and rolling her eyes.  I really was trying to be nice and did not want to upset her.

She grabbed the coupons -- informed me it would not work and very emphatically swiped it under the scanner to show me it was going to beep.  It didn't beep.  This seemed to annoy her all the more.

Then we got to the BOGO items.  She refused to take a BOGO on a pair of items.  She said I had to purchase 4 and could only use 1 coupon (Basically she was saying I had to pay for 2 and would get 2 free -- 1 from the coupon 1 from their sale.

I gave up.  I told her to cancel my entire order that I didn't want to sit there and fuss over coupons.

I did come home and write corporate though because I wanted to know if their coupon policy had changed.

Thankfully it has not --  CVS has a great coupon policy -- their employees just need some serious training.

It is frustrating to go in and spend an hour getting your order together and walk out of the store without it.  My local store is less than 6 miles from me.  I drive 14 miles to another store because they know their coupon policy and their employees are trained well.

Here is the letter I received back from Corporate -- feel free to copy it and take it with you when you shop at the local Inverness store.


CVS/pharmacy®
Dear Ms. Tammy,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Inverness , FL CVS/pharmacy location.  I am able to help you with this matter.

Please accept my apology for the coupon issues.  Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item.  In a situation where there is a BOGO sale and the customer has BOGO coupons, they would be accepted and the customer would only pay sales tax if applicable. We do not give cash for coupons, so if the coupon had a higher dollar off value than the price of the product, the amount of the coupon would be adjusted.

I have contacted the District Manager, Steve Gaskins, and made him aware of your comments.  He will address your concerns with the Store Manager and staff to correct this from recurring.  If you would like to speak with him directly, please provide me with your phone number and I will ask that he call you. I hope that you will give CVS/pharmacy another chance to prove that we are dedicated to customer service.

I would like to ensure that you are completely satisfied regarding this situation, and I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.  If I can be of further assistance, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Jessie
CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations
09091367

No comments:

Post a Comment