Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Local Inverness PUBLIX Shopping Trip

I received this email today from Louise who wanted to share her experience at Publix.

Unfortunately Extreme Couponing is making everyone think everyone is out to take advantage of the stores.

Below is a cut and paste of the email I received from Louise and her experience at the Inverness Publix

Hi Tammy,
I thought I'd pass on my experience that I had, so others could be warned. I had a bad experience trying to purchase the Bic Soleil razors. I took my razors, vitamins, shampoo etc. up to the register, and very promptly appeared the manager, saying something to the cashier about "those razor coupons".

They were talking quietly so I couldn't hear it all, but then she tells me that I can only purchase TWO razors and use only ONE coupon! She said that someone came in yesterday and bought a large quantity and that she was limiting how many we could purchase. There were approx. 100 razors left, so it's not like I was taking them all, or anything. I told her that's ok, that I'd just get two, and that's when she told me that I could only use ONE coupon. I asked her why, and she said that the coupon states that it can't be combined with any other offer.

I told her that I thought that meant that I couldn't "double" it or use it in a manner not intended but that I always use two coupons on a BOGO sale. She wouldn't budge, so I just told her that I would take my coupons to a more "coupon-friendly" store. lol I went to Walmart and did a "price match" and got 14 razors and my shampoo. I got the overage from the razors to use on the shampoo, so I was very happy.

After thinking on it, I decided to let Publix know that I took my business to Walmart, and that I felt that was very sad that they wouldn't honor their own sale but that Walmart did!

Well, today the manager from the Inverness Publix called me and WOW! Was she ever rude!!

She proceeded to "teach" me how to use my coupons and how people are ALWAYS trying to use them fraudlently and she had me get one of the coupons and read it along with her, while she explained it to me! lol

The last straw was when she said that coupons aren't intended to be used in that manner and it's only intended for one person to use one coupon and that she's seen HER razors on the grass at someones yard sale??? (she said it like it was stealing or??)

Well, I realized the conversation wasn't accomplishing anything, so I told her, "thanks for calling, goodbye", and I hung up while she was still talking.

So, I'm just warning others, that might want to use their coupons to buy the razors, that they might want to take them to a different Publix! That woman is scary!!
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment