Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Got Overstock -- Have a yard sale!!

I got the following email in from Kristina and I thought I would pass it on to all of you. It is a good way to get your grocery money -- or money for that electric bill!!

Hello Tammy.
I wanted to tell you that I tried my first overstock yard sale today. I hadn't seen any in this area, so I wasn't sure how it would do. People started coming early, and were excited about the idea of getting new things for a 50% discount. I priced everything by the dollar. If it was cheaper than that, then I would price it 2/$1. I didn't think that I would do that well, because I didn't have much stuff. I was hoping to make $100, but I ended up making close to $200!!! It's not as much as I know I can do in the future, but VERY happy with the amount. I put out a paper for people to sign to be notified when the next one would be. Most of the people who came were from my area, but I really feel that a sale in town would do well. I just wanted to pass on the good news and give others an idea on how to make some extra money.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment