Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Midori Spring Ceremonial (Emerald) Matcha #midorispring


ok, this was a new one on me.  When Life & Food contacted me and asked if I would be willing to try their Matcha in exchange for a review I had to look it up to see what it was. 

I thought I stayed "up" on the new health fads that come along, but this one had escaped me.

I have been adding this to Tim's smoothie each day before work and also in the one he takes to work.  I don't add a lot, because it is what I would call "really green" and I didn't want it to overpower the flavor in his drink.  I didn't tell Tim that I had added a new ingredient to his smoothie - just added it :)

He had been on it a little over a week when he came home one night and I mentioned him laying down and taking a nap.  He said actually I don't know what is up with me -- I have not been tired.  Not even when I get up for work in the morning (he gets up an 3:30 in the morning and usually goes to bed between 9:30 and 10:00), so yeah -- he should be tired!!

I have tried it as just a tea -- and it would have to be an aquired taste on my part.  However in all fairness I do not like green tea......

I did taste this in Tim's smoothie and I didn't think it made it taste bad at all -- so if it helps him stay more alert -- that is a GOOD thing!!

This is a powder and comes in a small tin.  I added 1.5-2 teaspoons to Tims drink each morning

The information I got from the company stated this

Midori Spring's Ceremonial Emerald Matcha 100g - is perfect for beginner matcha drinkers, and inspired chefs looking for better quality matcha powder compared to traditional cooking grade. Emerald Class is Chef’s Top Choice but is not a culinary grade matcha, therefore making it first rate for cooking and mixed beverages. Whichever way you choose to enjoy your Matcha, you can embrace the many health benefits it has to offer.

This premium product is Ceremonial Grade and is Organic (USDA, JAS), Vegan and Kosher (OU) Certified. You can enjoy Midori Spring's Ceremonial Emerald Matcha the traditional way by brewing or you can create your own Matcha inspired recipe.

There are many immediate and long term health benefits when consuming Matcha, which include: increase in energy without the jitters, reduce stress and improve mental alertness, improve metabolism and help with weight loss, boost immune system and reduce inflammation and help the body cleanse of harmful elements. Give back to your health and embrace the power of Matcha.

Ingredients Organic Ceremonial Matcha Green Tea Powder (Japanese)

I do want to thank Life & Food for the opportunity to try this.  I am going to continue to use it in Tim's drink!!

You can check it out as well here


No comments:

Post a Comment