Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

US Art Supply 12ml Acrylic Tube Artist Paint Set #usartsupply

Good Morning -- Today I am going to share with you an Acrylic Paint set that was sent to me to try and review.  Because my girls are more "craftsy" than I am - I turned the paints over to them to try. Here is what they had to say.




First off I want to say I am really liking these acrylic paints.

They are very smooth and blend well together. The tubes were fairly easy to open with the point from the lid, although I did have a few spurt out once the tube got punctured - so keep this in mind when opening them to avoid unnecessary mess.

Included with the set are 12 colors
  • Titanium White
  • Lemon Yellow
  • Yellow Ochre
  • Vermilion
  • Crimson Red
  • Hooker's Green
  • Lamp Black
  • Raw Umber
  • Burnt Sienna
  • Cobalt Blue
  • Ultramarine Blue
  • Viridian



 I wouldn't recommend using these in a area that isn't ventilated well. They do have a chemical smell-- not too strong -- just a little bit. I wouldn't want anyone to get high using these (who knows what your painting might turn out to be :P)

Here is an example of a painting that I made with these paints and a blending gel from folk art.  This is just on card stock and I am anxious to give them a whirl on canvas.



These have been very easy to use and the colors clean off the brushes very nicely.  The paint is water soluable when wet - which is a big plus!!

 I would highly recommend these paints to all beginner artists.

Con -- The odor -- so just use in a well ventilated area.

Here is some helpful information from the company

US Art Supply 12ml Acrylic Tube Artist Paint Set (12-Tubes)

  •  - U.S. Art Supply® Assortment of popular Acrylic colors 12-tubes of 12ml each
  •  - Intermixable with Liquitex Professional Acrylic Paint Colors and Mediums.
  •  - High quality pigments offer smooth consistency, a satin finish, and an excellent covering strength
  •  - Quick drying and water-based. Versatile paints for use on surfaces such as wood, canvas, fabric and more!
  •  - Conforms to ASTM D4236; Safe for educational use, Non-Toxic and Non-Leaded.

I want to thank TCP Global Corporation for sending these to me and giving me the opportunity to try them in exchange for an unbiased review.

Check them out for yourself here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment