Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mark You Calendars -- Tax Free Weekends



I know it is something we become so used to paying we automatically add it on to our totals in our heads.  In Citrus County it is 6%, but the tax rate here in Florida really varies depending on where you are at. 

I know when I have visited over by Disney and got my total on my bill it would throw me because I was used to adding 6% in my head and I paid 8% over there.  It is amazing how much difference even that 2% can throw your figures when you are calculating in your head.  I am scanning my receipt at the end going -- what just happened and sure enough bottom line (tax) was higher.

So.........

If you have any big purchases coming up might want to schedule them for the tax free weekends in your area!!

Check them out here

Florida is not on the list yet, but rumor has it -- it will be in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment